Well, maybe not exactly a split as such, but a new structure. “Thoughts on the World” is a pretty eclectic mix of professional, personal, humour and photography-related content. However, one reader who follows mainly my “professional” content expressed a wish to see this separate from the more personal stuff. Given that I’m about to add more photography and review content to the blog, it seemed reasonable to try and meet that request.
I have therefore now created a number of new “views” of my blog, and a number of specialist feeds, as follows:
- Thoughts on the World. This is the original and complete blog and feed, and will give you access to all my content, in chronological order. Expect a mix of articles including my observations of the world of software development and architecture, humorous observations, photography and personal announcements.
- The blog address is www.andrewj.com/blog
- The feed is http://feeds.feedburner.com/ThoughtsFromAndrewJohnston
- The Professional Blog. This will focus on professional articles based around my observations of the world of software development and architecture. Articles for AgileArchitect.org will appear here, as will updates on my products and publications, and I may cross-post relevant reviews. You’ll also see any practical announcements relating to my websites and feeds.
- The blog address is www.andrewj.com/blog/pro
- The feed is http://feeds.feedburner.com/StructureOfTheWorld
- The Photo Blog. This will focus on my photos, and photography-related articles and reviews. You’ll also see any practical announcements relating to my websites and feeds. There’s also a separate feed for updates to my gallery.
- The blog address is www.andrewj.com/blog/photo
- The feed is http://feeds.feedburner.com/ImagesOfTheWorld
- The feed for my gallery is http://feeds.feedburner.com/GalleryOfTheWorld
- The Review Pages. This presents my reviews of books, films and music. You’ll also see any practical announcements relating to my websites and feeds.
For more details, visit my Blog Views and Feeds page.